Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day Forty-Four
1. Josh went to work out in the morning and I went to study with Becky one last time before I take the GRE on Monday.
2. Picked up Scrip from church, then went to Babies R Us and Stater Bros.
3. Made brownies and cleaned the kitchen.
Day Forty-Three
1. Worked in the morning.
2. Took part of the practice GRE. Good for me. I don't know that the real one will go well.
3. We got to watch Abby. She was really mellow when we first arrived, but hyped up after a little bit. We went to Rite Aid and got some ice cream and after that she was a bundle of energy. She LOVED playing Hide N Seek with Josh. She grabs my hand and we try to find Josh; when we do she either gets startled and starts laughing or says, "Boo" right back at him.
Abby pronounces "yeah" something like "Na" so it sounds like no and we can typically tell that she means yes because she is nodding her head. (She does prounounce NO very clearly.) I loved this conversation on Friday night when she was sharing some of my ice cream with me:
Shannon: Abby is Cookies 'N Cream your favorite?
Abby: Na (wild head nod)
Shannon: Is sherbert your favorite?
Abby: Na (wild head nod)
Shannon: Is Cake Batter your favorite?
Abby: Na (wild head nod)
Day Forty-Two
1. Celebrated Silas' 30th birthday! Ali and Silas had a BBQ at the pool in their complex. It was so great to catch up with friends we haven't seen in a while and celebrate Silas entering his third decade of life.
2. Finally got a hair cut. I chose to just get layers for now and not a complete cut and color. My ends were so dry and my hair looks much healthier now, but I think I need to figure out a change for my bangs.
3. Janne came over after work and we were able to chat for a while. I love how she is able to bring all topics back to our relationship with the Lord. She really causes me to contemplate life with the right perspective and her attitude is such that you know the questions she asks are really because she sincerely wonders about your thoughts, feelings and well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment